North Leith Parish Church is part of the Church of Scotland and serves a Parish covering the western half of the Leith Docks, and along the foreshore to Newhaven with the housing up to a mile inland.
The church building, which was opened in 1816, is situated in Madeira Street, off the east end of Ferry Road. There is a more modern, large church hall to the side of the church. This is available to the local community to let when not in use by church groups.
We are a member of Leith Churches Together, the local ecumenical forum, and the Leith Churches Forum, the local Church of Scotland grouping which is now working together under the banner of the Church of Scotland One Church for Leith.
In our Parish, we seek to bring the good news and care of Christ to all. We strive to do this not only through worship, prayer, and study but in working with a number of partner organisations. Together we are involved in projects including the provision of FoodBank.
We extend a warm welcome to everyone, and especially any visitors, who join us at our services.Our services are open to all, the believer, the curious, and the sceptic alike.
To learn more about North Leith Parish Church:
Our church magazine, is published monthly. To read the latest issue:
To check out the latest church run events:
To find out more about North Leith Parish Church’s history:
To find all of the information to contact us about general enquires hall usage etc:
About our team
To find out more about our office bearers:
If you would like to visit click below for details:
Scottish Charity Number SC0 04932